Sunday, March 29, 2009

good morning

it is a cool, soggy morn here in new england as the hour approaches eleven and i'm sitting here at the computer reading blogs and commenting here and there. yesterday was much more spring like and i was outside quite a bit. i went up to hopkinton to do some fishing[ no luck though] and just enjoy the sunshine. hopkinton is a quiet little town except in a few weeks when they stage the boston marathon. then it becomes home to thousands of runners and thousands more spectators who line the route to cheer on the runners. its truly a sight as wave after wave begin the long journey to boston. i have never run the thing and i doubt if i could. running long distances has never appealed to me though i was usually active growing up. but yesterday was a good time to pass through hop town on my way to the reservoir. i grew up 5 minutes down the road and it brings back memories as i drive round the old neighborhood. its funny but after not living there for over forty years i can still remember who lived where and what happened one year so long ago. the trek to school down highland street brings back feelings of nostalgia and you find yourself back in 1965, third grade, coming home on the last day of school with a good report card in hand and all the time in the world. of course the images are black and white, just like the television we had as kids. i''ll head up ther again soon. in search of rainbow trout and daydreams of yesteryears....till then world, peace out and have a lovely sunday, jack c

11 comments:

  1. Ah, fishing! It's good to know a person who loves it too. Fishing is just so soothing for the senses: the quiet absorption of being one with nature.

    It's been awhile since we did that. We go to the regional lake at Fremont where our friend lives. Your post makes me want to do that soon.

    Happy fishing next time. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marathons!!! I've always wanted to do a marathon. It's a great way to get in shape and do some good at the same time.

    But you seem to have had a nice quiet day. We don't get any here in LA.

    -Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  3. shey, yes fishing is a great way to relax and enjoy your surroundings.....now i'm off to check out your blog...jc...........poppy, you need to get out of la....just for a change of scenery, jc

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool, I didn't know you live in New England, now I know haha!

    A short, sweet and touching blog, another trip towards Memory Lane. There are things that are stored permanently in your mind. One cannot forget school and the friends, of course.

    I'm 17 but I really want to go back to High School and relive the good old times. I miss having no problems and having all the time in the world. I do have the time I want right now but it's different. I'm in College and it seems like I have heaps and heaps of responsibilities now. I try not to think about it, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just woke up, good morning from this side of the world. It's 9AM but I'm in front of the PC haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, yesterday was beautiful! Stay dry, JC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, fishing is really relaxing. Thanks for dropping by my page today!

    Sure follow, we can be blog neighbors that way.

    Have a restful night.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes half crazy, new england is where i live. a great place but it takes some getting used to...jc.....shey, i would follow you but i can't seem to find it in your blog....i''ll try again

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! Thanks for visiting. That's what I love here, the diversity. It's like all the nations crammed in one place. :)

    It's in the 3rd column after my photos, titled "Be my web neighbor".

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the way you describe images form that era being in black and white. I had never thought of that before but a lot of my early memories are in black and white. It's as though they were photographed along with the others in the family album.

    ReplyDelete
  11. jack it just sounds so idyllic - i'm green with envy you went fishing! catching fish doesn't really matter, it's the fishing itself that's the thing. lovely, lovely post jack. warm wishes to you my friend, Vxx

    ReplyDelete