Friday, March 20, 2009

ode to spring

spring has sprung eternal, though one would hardly know, judging from the temperture, it feels alot like snow. the days are getting longer, things are slowly turning green, i know we are not there yet, we're sort of inbetween. the remnants of winter lay scattered across the land, the streets look old and crooked and the gutters filled with sand. the creatures of the night sense something in the air as they wander through the darkness still dressed in winter's wear. soon the flowers will explode, a symphony of hues,and i will walk upon the grass, my feet naked, without shoes. yes spring has sprung eternal and we will welcome it at last, like some dear old friend from a not so distant past. so throw your windows open and let out a hearty cheer, somewhere spring is lurking, its very, very near. ............there, i've done my part so don't blame me if we get socked with the white stuff, heehee...jack c alive and well

8 comments:

  1. Aww, I love it, this is a beautiful ode! I especially love the flowers part, I kinda imagined a flower field with different sorts of flowers in their own color and hue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always thought that poetry was easy. =_=;; Then I figured out the hard way that it's not always about rhyming. xD

    But I like this one. I'm not big on poetry, but it's a nice thing to read out loud.

    -Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi jack, i enjoyed reading your ode to spring - you're good at this!.. hope you enjoy a spring weekend - warm wishes, Vxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you all for the nice comments. i'm feeling really poetic lately, there''ll be more, jc

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dandelions are springing up here in Vancouver. A sure sign of spring, if nothing else... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a great thing you can write like this. I'm too lazy to try it, I might go wrong on grammars LOL. Besides, I don't have anything to talk about! Seems like you were inspired by something!

    ReplyDelete
  7. half craze......what are u kidding? you have alot to talk about. i've read your blog, ideas are just bursting out of you...heehee. just take your time and write what you feel, take care..jc

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! Well written. The emotions can really be felt and makes you welcome spring. Thanks for pointing out this poem and sharing it!

    ReplyDelete