Wednesday, March 25, 2009

food for thought

everyone has a favorite food, something you eat daily.mine is bread. great for breakfast, toasted that is, a sandwich for lunch, maybe some hot rolls for supper. i love all kinds of bread. pumpernickle, rye,wheat, foccia, raisin....the list is long. i guess bread was invented fairly early in the scheme of things. it nourished the first people to walk the earth[if not the first then the second wave were eating some form...]when i was a kid i used to make little cubes out of bread almost like clay and eat them. it gives the bread a nice texture. french toast is always a great way to start the day .a sandwich wouldn't be a sandwich without bread. my father used to make a simple loaf of wheat bread using a can of beer. i like a can of beer with an italian grinder...in homage to my dad. it's one of the earliest foods i remember eating. i know its a big source of carbs and dieters are always warned to limit it or eat weight watchers bread, which tastes like cardboard to me. i'm getting ready to pop a bagel into the toaster to help balance out my second glass of wine so i''ll wrap up my blog about bread and say goodnight. anybody out there in blogville have a fave food? let me know......bye 4 now, crusty old jack...........a loaf of bread, a jug of wine and thou

5 comments:

  1. Favorite food? D: I don't think I have one but if I wanted to eat something everyday... Spices. <=O Is that a food? I don't know. But I like it on just about ANYTHING. Because it brings Blah food into something more yummers. <3

    Like with fried beans or something.

    -Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bread is tasty, but I try to avoid flour and sugar and anything made with it, usually. I relish it on special occasions. I do love Buffalo Chicken. I love a lot of foods, but that's definitely in the top ten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, bread, huh? Bread is probably our rice here in the Philippines. I love Bread but it doesn't satisfy my hunger much. I absolutely love Wheat Bread but nothing is better than rice and some potatoes for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fave food - just one??? - no, i have heaps and heaps of fave foods - but fortunately bread is one of them :-D... of course it helps if it has lashings of unsalted, european style butter which is so deliciously sweet... oh well, back to the diet :( warm wishes to you my friend Vxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes bread....rice and potatoes are fine too, diet be damned.

    ReplyDelete