Wednesday, March 18, 2009

lottery anyone

i play the lottery, i gamble hard earned money in the hopes of ......more money. i don't spend alot. i do spend everyday. the number game, powerball, big this, big that. i like to daydream about what i would do if i ever hit it big. its natural to think about what if? the family would no doubt get some money, friends would benefit too. i'm not greedy. i don't need a dozen houses, cars galore. i've never had alot of money in my life and most people i know are in the same boat. living paycheck to paycheck is not easy. i see the millions that are doled out [stolen] by corporate hucksters and the seemingly endless tax money swallowed up by our ''public'' servants while ballplayers of every stripe hold out unless their demands are not met. and i wonder? how much money is enough? a mr. madoff stole FIFTY BILLION? what was he planning for god's sakes? did he really think he could get away with it? he is going to jail but so what? the moneys gone and NOBODY knows where it went? he's not going to tell. the corporate gouging thats been going on will continue until the next big scandal. real reform, from the top on down will never happen. when the foxes are in charge of the chicken coop nothing good will happen.oh there will be senate hearings and new laws drafted and a heightened awareness of how greed eats away at society but in the end its like rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic, it just doesn't matter. so i''ll spend a few bucks today and tomorrow and continue my daydreaming. it's better than the reality we see out there, take care and i''ll see you around, jc

5 comments:

  1. You really can't blame people for gambling and lottery nowadays! The money people earn from their jobs are not enough so a little 'sideline' will help a lot, right?

    A lot of people in my country, especially public servants get money from the budget assigned to them and spend the money like it's theirs. Then some of them get caught, they always refuse even though all the evidence points out they're wrong and they are corrupted, give it 2 months, the fiasco would be over. Let's just say someone got paid.

    They say once you sit in whatever Government Agency, it's hard not get your hands on the money and spend it like it's yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep saying I should play...You cannot win if you do not play, right? I'm not greedy - I'd just like about 300,000. Pay off all my debt and my kids debt and buy us a house.... Oh dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes a little extra would feel good, jc

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I were old enough, I would probably gamble. =) I just pray I don't get addicted.

    Uhm... If anything I just hope that I get enough to pay living expenses. But there's not "steady" rate, y'know? Inflation and recessions are always keeping people on their toes.

    It's scary to think that you might never get enough to live by.

    -Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeek! - not sure about the 'foxes in charge of the chicken coop' - that's a bit too close to my little hens, jack!!!! But good point none the less so get out there and keep on buying your lottery tickets... I hope you win because I think you deserve it. warm wishes and Smiles to you my friend, Vxx

    ReplyDelete