Sunday, February 22, 2009

rain on me

its sunday afternoon, i just returned from a visit to the pinetree state and its raining. could be worse. the rain is melting what little snow we have. in maine, at least in my brother's yard, the snow is deep. they're expecting alot more over the evening well into monday. my brother lives in southern maine, not in the mountains to the west of him and with a whole lot of maine perched above him. but he does get more snow than he bargained for. and cold too!! when its 30 degrees down my way the temperture frequently dips to single digits or below. and he is only two and a half hours away. so i''ll take the rain. april showers do bring may flowers. theres nothing like watching flowers and trees silently explode into life as the earth slowly curves toward the sun. its magic....its springtime and i am looking forward to this year like no other. maybe its my age, maybe after seeing so many springs one realizes there might not be alot of springs left. so get out there and enjoy. its a cold and wet february day but magic is in the air. bye for now, jc

4 comments:

  1. America sounds beautiful :D

    Personally, Summer is the favourite part of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is beautiful but i'm sure the uk is too, the summer is a little ways away , have to get through winter first

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey yeah, at least it's not snow!! I'm doin' a happy dance here!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. People from tropical country like me are thrilled living in a place where people can experience all four seasons (Deedee mentioned that there's a fifth season). I thought it's nice to have winter until I experience it here in Seoul---
    Too cold----

    ReplyDelete