Sunday, January 18, 2009

onosnow

like a true, stoic new englander, i have been tramping around outside today, pushing little piles of snow into bigger piles, all the while the snow keeps coming down oblivious to my best efforts. i'm sure theres an allegory in there somewhere but for now i''ll continue my quest. why you ask? why on earth would anyone live in new england from november till......april? may? well i was born here, i do love the lay of the land, the historical charm of it all, a certain baseball team and many more reasons too numerous to list . however when we reach single digits, not too often, but when we do and the sun goes on vacation for a spell and ice grips our gnarled fingers while we try and free our cars from winter .....i can see how ninety degee weather and beautiful surf and soft white sand creeping across my towel does hold a certain appeal. and maybe someday thats what life will be....but not today. today i'm back outside, fighting the drifts, stoic as ever. jc

1 comment:

  1. I sympathize with your fighting those drifts. Years ago I lived in Chicago and had my fair share of doing the same...This post brought a smile to my face of those memories. Fortunately I live in Saint Louis now and we don't have to do that much here.
    Have a Great Day !!!

    ReplyDelete