Tuesday, May 19, 2009

sunstruck

i've noticed my blogging frequency, and others, seems to have dropped in relation to the weather. in january it was easy to plop myself down every night in front of the old keyboard and blog to my hearts delight. but now it is spring and the warm air has drawn me outside to bask in its glow. just sitting on the porch, glass of wine in hand and watching the birds flutter about is wonderful. spring is a renewal, an awakening sort of. the world is green today and all manner of wildlife is taking advantage. i threw some bread out to the street yesterday and in no time at all a half dozen sparrows and a lone starling descended to spar over the crumbs. its also fishing season, the stripers having made their way up the coast to spend the summer fattening up and hoping to avoid the barbed hook of the angler. i love the ocean and i'm drawn to it too. the waters are still cold and i'm not ready to take the plunge but just going down to the shore puts a smile on my face. memorial day is coming up [its crazy how fast a year passes as you get ....older] so i''ll have an extra day off from work. that's always a good thing. well i guess i''ll see ya around, hope all is well in your neck of the woods. enjoy the day wherever you are...jack c

3 comments:

  1. I've been experiencing the exact feeling - I love to write and read others' posts, but with so much lovely weather and so many birds and other animals out there, it's hard to come inside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes, me too. The last place I want to be right now is in front of my computer.

    Enjoy the spring weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't know how your weather rolls there, but here in my hometown we get about 2 hours of spring, a rainy and cool start to June, then straight into an open-the-shelters-above-100-degrees heat wave. The computer can wait:>) Enjoy a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete